This is a reprint from an article from Tim Wise please, take a look at it.
This is Your Nation on White Privilege
By Tim Wise
For those who still can’t grasp the concept of white privilege, or who are constantly looking for some easy-to-understand examples of it, perhaps this list will help.
White privilege is when you can get pregnant at seventeen like Bristol Palin and everyone is quick to insist that your life and that of your family is a personal matter, and that no one has a right to judge you or your parents, because “every family has challenges,” even as black and Latino families with similar “challenges” are regularly typified as irresponsible, pathological and arbiters of social decay.
White privilege is when you can call yourself a “fuckin’ redneck,” like Bristol Palin’s boyfriend does, and talk about how if anyone messes with you, you'll “kick their fuckin' ass,” and talk about how you like to “shoot shit” for fun, and still be viewed as a responsible, all-American boy (and a great son-in-law to be) rather than a thug.
White privilege is when you can attend four different colleges in six years like Sarah Palin did (one of which you basically failed out of, then returned to after making up some coursework at a community college), and no one questions your intelligence or commitment to achievement, whereas a person of color who did this would be viewed as unfit for college, and probably someone who only got in in the first place because of affirmative action.
White privilege is when you can claim that being mayor of a town smaller than most medium-sized colleges, and then Governor of a state with about the same number of people as the lower fifth of the island of Manhattan, makes you ready to potentially be president, and people don’t all piss on themselves with laughter, while being a black U.S. Senator, two-term state Senator, and constitutional law scholar, means you’re “untested.”
White privilege is being able to say that you support the words “under God” in the pledge of allegiance because “if it was good enough for the founding fathers, it’s good enough for me,” and not be immediately disqualified from holding office--since, after all, the pledge was written in the late 1800s and the “under God” part wasn’t added until the 1950s--while believing that reading accused criminals and terrorists their rights (because, ya know, the Constitution, which you used to teach at a prestigious law school requires it), is a dangerous and silly idea only supported by mushy liberals.
White privilege is being able to be a gun enthusiast and not make people immediately scared of you.
White privilege is being able to have a husband who was a member of an extremist political party that wants your state to secede from the Union, and whose motto was “Alaska first,” and no one questions your patriotism or that of your family, while if you're black and your spouse merely fails to come to a 9/11 memorial so she can be home with her kids on the first day of school, people immediately think she’s being disrespectful.
White privilege is being able to make fun of community organizers and the work they do--like, among other things, fight for the right of women to vote, or for civil rights, or the 8-hour workday, or an end to child labor--and people think you’re being pithy and tough, but if you merely question the experience of a small town mayor and 18-month governor with no foreign policy expertise beyond a class she took in college--you’re somehow being mean, or even sexist.
White privilege is being able to convince white women who don’t even agree with you on any substantive issue to vote for you and your running mate anyway, because all of a sudden your presence on the ticket has inspired confidence in these same white women, and made them give your party a “second look.”
White privilege is being able to fire people who didn’t support your political campaigns and not be accused of abusing your power or being a typical politician who engages in favoritism, while being black and merely knowing some folks from the old-line political machines in Chicago means you must be corrupt.
White privilege is being able to attend churches over the years whose pastors say that people who voted for John Kerry or merely criticize George W. Bush are going to hell, and that the U.S. is an explicitly Christian nation and the job of Christians is to bring Christian theological principles into government, and who bring in speakers who say the conflict in the Middle East is God’s punishment on Jews for rejecting Jesus, and everyone can still think you’re just a good church-going Christian, but if you’re black and friends with a black pastor who has noted (as have Colin Powell and the U.S. Department of Defense) that terrorist attacks are often the result of U.S. foreign policy and who talks about the history of racism and its effect on black people, you’re an extremist who probably hates America.
White privilege is not knowing what the Bush Doctrine is when asked by a reporter, and then people get angry at the reporter for asking you such a “trick question,” while being black and merely refusing to give one-word answers to the queries of Bill O’Reilly means you’re dodging the question, or trying to seem overly intellectual and nuanced.
White privilege is being able to claim your experience as a POW has anything at all to do with your fitness for president, while being black and experiencing racism is, as Sarah Palin has referred to it a “light” burden.
And finally, white privilege is the only thing that could possibly allow someone to become president when he has voted with George W. Bush 90 percent of the time, even as unemployment is skyrocketing, people are losing their homes, inflation is rising, and the U.S. is increasingly isolated from world opinion, just because white voters aren’t sure about that whole “change” thing. Ya know, it’s just too vague and ill-defined, unlike, say, four more years of the same, which is very concrete and certain…
White privilege is,in short, the problem.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Ok guys, I actually loved the McCain interview on the view. Those ladies did their job. I want all politicians(from all sides) to be grilled and made to feel uncomfortable. Why you may ask? Because these Bama's want to have power over our lives. So you damn right I want them questioned,heavily back grounded, investigated and grilled till the nth degree. I do not care if they cry foul. Screw them and tell them to take their asses back home. Here are some interesting facts about the education levels and what they bring to the job.Now remember we are hiring these people to look over our future. Let's look at the educational background of the candidates and see what they bring to the job shall we:
Occidental College - Two years.
Columbia University - B.A. political science with a
specialization in international relations.
Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna *** Laude
University of Delaware - B.A. in history and B.A. in
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor (J.D.)
United States Naval Academy - Class rank 894 out of 899
(meaning that, like George Bush, McCain was at the bottom of
Palin: Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study
University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism
Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in journalism
Posted by Anthony at Sunday, September 14, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Did you guys see this nut case's interview with Charles Gibson? Oh my gosh she is just another Bush in a skirt and better looking.Your friendly neighborhood Anthony compiled this list is why this Bama is wrong for my country.
1. A poor record: Her only political experience has been a few years as mayor of a small town in Alaska and less than two years as governor of that state. Her record wasn’t so great: the small town she left behind is now in financial ruin.
2. She has no experience with national level politics. At the time of this posting, many of her views on national policy issues were unknown simply because she is so inexperienced that she hasn’t even made public statements about them. Presidential history scholars believe she may be “the most inexperienced person on a major party ticket in modern history.”
3. She has no foreign policy experience. None.
4. Iraq War? Our country is in the midst of a war, and Palin’s son is going to fight in that war. However, Salon.com reports that she hasn’t even given much thought to the Iraq War, and has no clear opinions about it. Great.
5. She is a creationist, and she wants “creation science” to be taught in public schools.
6. She doesn’t believe in man-made global warming. Maybe that’s why she supports drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge?
7. Not only does she think the government should be telling people who they can and cannot marry, she also thinks that same sex couples should be denied benefits given to straight couples.
8. Palin has been accused of abusing her power as Alaska governor to try to get her ex-brother-in-law fired as a state trooper. An investigation is underway.
9. She has messed up views on wildlife protection. Environmentalists are appalled by her support of a $150-per-wolf bounty program. She’s also supported the use of government money to educate people about how great it is to shoot bears and wolves, and she doesn’t want the polar bear to make it onto the endangered species list.
10. One nation, under stupidity: When defending the phrase “one nation under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance, Palin said, “If it was good enough for the founding fathers, its good enough for me and I’ll fight in defense of our Pledge of Allegiance.” Reality check: The Pledge of Allegiance was written in 1892, long after the founding fathers died. The phrase “one nation under God” was added in 1954….
11. Anti-birth control nutcase- Not only does Palin oppose abortion in all cases, she also opposes the use of birth control in all cases. That includes married couples that want to use condoms or the pill!
12. Politicizing non-political jobs: When she was mayor of small town in Alaska, Palin abused her authority by firing city employees that did not fully support her reelection campaign.
13. She can’t even manage her own family - rumors have given way to an admission from Palin that her teenage daughter is pregnant, and will be having a shotgun marriage to the guy that knocked her up. That’s what abstinence-only education gets you.
14. Ninja editing: Her Wikipedia entry needed to be cleaned up before the public announcement that she was McCain’s VP pick.
15. She has no clue about the role of the Vice President.
16. It is quite clear she was chosen just because of her gender (most Republicans have never even heard of her), and she’s being used as a trick by the McCain campaign to gain some of Hillary Clinton’s supporters.
Posted by Anthony at Friday, September 12, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Monday, September 08, 2008
Sunday, September 07, 2008
PLEASE REVIEW THIS FROM TIME TO TIME
This was my Sarah Palin official clock from my friends at moveon.org. Now why did his honorable Anthony post this clock. Well I will tell you. You see I believe that Palin is another Bush. You see Palin might be coming in office with almost no experience in foreign policy and a litany of failures.....much like Bush. You see to be governor of Texas is ceremonial(figurehead) the legislature has all the power. But does that really shock you about Bush. I mean just look at his wonderful record. I can further illustrate this by saying being a cop from a small town of 9000 is different from being a cop in lets say ...New York,Los Angeles,Chicago etc. The tactics and training changes. The McCain is running down the clock on her. She is not giving interviews or talking to anyone. They know she may have something to hide. But I think this maneuver will backfire on them. She talked a good game on the RNC lets she if she can really walk the walk. I think NOT!
Posted by Anthony at Sunday, September 07, 2008
Saturday, September 06, 2008
Ok guys, Look at this Shigitty! You are going to love this. I am a former assemblies of god, guy so this stuff is pretty accurate. These two videos are from Palin's church. Couild this be whats in store for us if the Maverick and the Milf gets in office? Now pay attention to the last Video and you hear republican Peggy Noonan tell the truth about Palin.(they did not know the mikes were on Ha Ha).A La a Jesse Jackson moment.
I am sorry folks but a woman who cut funding to unwed moms and her daughter gets pregnant. Can not tell us anything about sex.We have to educate people on birth control and std's. So support Planned Parenthood and any other organization that educates people about sex and health.
Hey folks, take a look at what this two bit bama who wants to be vp. If she is this dense then what else is coming.
"San Francisco judges forbidding our Pledge of Allegiance? They will take the phrase under God away from me when my cold dead lips can no longer utter those words. God bless America."
-- Sarah Palin,(who sounds as science and fact-based as George Bush).
Look woman, nobody and I mean nobody... has ever stopped anyone from saying "under God." Palin made that stuff up because the facts won't sell her story.
If those wacky San Fran liberals try to pass a law making it illegal
for anyone to say the words "under God" then I will join your fight to stop them.
It's 100% impossible to prevent a conscious person from praying.
The fact is they want to pray out loud, with you in mandatory attendence.
It's my opinion that small-minded people whose faith is actually a sham to them,
need constant reinforcment and verification that they actually have the right religion. If they really believed that crap they try to force onto us,why would their faith need constant reinforcment and verification?
It's the same reason they can't miss a minute of Rush,
because they might turn gay if they don't hear hate radio for a few days.