Friday, July 20, 2007

WAVESTATION X IS NO MORE !

During my time at KKFI, I have never broken any rules concerning airing dirty laundry. I have always respected that. But since I am no longer part of the KKFI family. I have no such reservations and want to tell my listeners whats really going on behind the scenes. I think they should know of the duplicious nature of the FCR(Friends of Community Radio or now as they would like to be called Media) elites.I am sorry to inform my KKFI listeners of the bad news. There will be no more Wavestation X on radio anymore on KKFI. I thought and asked on record, that the grievance committee be fair with me. But fairness is so foreign to them like a personality is to Dick Cheney. So as promised, I will post all relevant documents(including my violation) pertaining to my grievance and you can decide for yourself ...did KKFI treat me fair? Or was I a casualty of a vendetta from 1999/2000?
When we shut down some FCR people from engaging in harassment activities at people homes and jobs(concerning station issues). Now keep in mind I have never been issued any warnings, verbal or written of any kind. for anything, Ever! I was accused of not giving station id's,which is true,(which I have on occasions forgot,like everyone else) but I am not the only person at KKFI who has forgotten to give station ids,it happens all the time. Cool Wayne on his show last night did not give station ids at twelve and 1am and 2am at all, he did not give a proper id at 3am. How come no one has suspended his show or pulled his past shows like they did mine? And he is not the only one! You will see documents written by the former acting general manager accusing Dennis the Red Menace and myself of trying to solicit hookers and sex on the air. Then when I confronted him about it, he admitted he did not do a thorough investigation of it and that it was not true. Plus that he probably received my emails that he lied about not getting in the first place. He admitted that he was wrong on the sex allegations. Even a grievance committee member understood the context. Now the grievance committee conviently left these little revelations out of the official findings from the official record. There are other lies contained in this letter but folks I want you to view everything and come up with your own decision and ask yourself does the punishment fit the crime. This is by no means over(trust me) and I will still post to my blog and thanks for giving me thirteen great years. I love you all! Evilly Yours Anthony. You can also call KKFI at 816-931-3122 or the on air number is 816-931-5534 and speak to the GM.

"People believe in free speech until they hear something they do not like".

8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Anthony, you know I love you bunches. 9 years ago I found you while searching the dial for somebody that made sense. There you were and I have followed you faithfully ever since. I'm not saying that you have not made me mad enough to change the station at times, but I have always returned. Why? Because over the years you have thought me several things. I can now recite all of the supreme court justices. :) You thought me to think for myself and not just take your word for it. So I would look it up and research it all and come to my own conclusion. Before you I had ZERO interest in politics. Still I would never call the show. I have always felt I was not smart enough to debate you. You have made me laugh and you have made me cry. I have always supported "Wave Station X" and in doing so I also aupported KKFI. Twice a year I sent in my $100.00 thinking I was supporting community radio and free speech. Well, I have mailed my last check since what's left is CRAP. Ben or should I say "GOD" is too far out there for me and has such a narrow mind. The new show that took YOUR timeslot is minus the intellect you always brought to the table. My friend you are missed and this is a loss for Kansas City. It's like you always said at the end of your show...."Everybody believes in free speech until they hear something they don't like" Keep in touch my friend. I think I still owe you a beer and a steak on the deck overlooking the mighty MO.

Anonymous said...

Well, Anthony, sometimes I called in with a short quip or 2, but for the most part stayed in lurk mode, listening while I quietly work through the night in my shop. Didn't always agree with, even wanted to take you to task a few times on your stance with Clinton's aggression in Serbia. Did not out of fear I would wake my family. But what I really liked about your program was that everday people could kick crap around in a way that no syndicated talk program could. Discussions were often civil, sometimes heated, often intelligent, sometimes fringed on lunacy, you get the picture. It was a microcosm of democracy at it's best. Would love to see you get a Sunday night program on the AM dial. If there's a chance of that happening, let me know, I will write or call whoever I have to.

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Anthony. It's your conservative Mom listener here! Just wanted to weigh in on your blog and say you got a very lousy deal. I know I've said this to you many times before, and I'll say it again: You are too good for KKFI! You need to get out there and (dare I say it?) go mainstream and get paid for oozing all that talent and charisma. I enjoyed listening to you for the past 13 years, even though I have been a slacker for the last few years about calling in. I am going to miss knowing you're out there on the airwaves. You were nothing short of a royal riot to listen to. But you belong in prime time, Ant! You need to go somewhere and get the fat paycheck instead of giving away what you have to people who wouldn't know raw talent if it bit them in the hind end.

You take care, keep in touch, and --I'm serious, Anthony--Onward and Upward!!! You know we love you out here--in God's way... ;) <3

Anonymous said...

Well, what a load of crap. I read the other blog, and it seems to me you were railroaded. Are we trying to be a kinder, gentler KKFI? (boring) Well, they can do it without my money. Love you, and I will wait for you to come back wherever you may surface.

Anonymous said...

Looks like I have an open preset now. 89.3 will have to fill the bill, even with their funny accent. It's a shame folks let their petty jealousy cloud their judgment. Particularly when their decisions affect many people (read donors). Your replacement is especially BORING. I know, I know, if you don't like what you're hearing then change the dial. Yeah, that's exactly what I will do. Look here, I have nothing against Cool Wayne, but I think it's hilarious that on Wayne's show expletives, including the 'N' word, flow freely yet his show is allowed to air. You miss a station ID or two and your show is ended. Wayne even misses an occasional station ID and he's still on the air. It really emphasizes the personal nature of the station's decision to pull your show.

normal guy said...

KKFI and the idiots that run the station now are going to hell and
it is a shame.. WavestationX was one of the only shows in this town that wasn't (a safe little cookiecutter little show that doesn't take a stand and don't have a real point) Listening to kkfi now in the talkformat that is going on well its either 1)leftwing conspiracy talk or 2) a really toned down version of a show that would be on like NPR..
I will miss the Evil Genius !!!

Anonymous said...

Can we find you on any other talk show these days? I started listening to you around the age of 16 and would tune in religously every monday night tuesday morning for years to come. I looked up to you and respected you as a voice of reason and was really heartbroken when i found out you were gone. If you dont currently have a show going is there a way to get ahold of recordings of past shows?

Anonymous said...

I can get you some past shows.please send me your name and contact info Like a email addy. I still maintain the site and I am looking to do more radio or some kind of pod casting.Thank you so much for your kind words, Evilly Yours Anthony