Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I allegedly voted.



I need to learn how to just shut my mouth sometimes. Okay here is how it went down. I went to the local church to vote today and I noticed, that first of all what age do you have to be to be an election worker? I mean these people ages were at least pi(3.14). There was one young election worker who handed me that really spooky electronic card before I cast my alleged vote. I proceeded to ask her that I could not help for noticing that Diebold(they make the atm's)was the maker of these electronic voting machines. So I asked her, where was my receipt for voting? She said that there would be no receipt. I responded by saying your shitting me! There is no receipt! The company that makes ATM's that always give you a receipt during any transactions can not give me a receipt of who I voted for. I asked her why no receipt, she said she did not know. I said, does that not make you a little suspicious? She said nope! Hmmm that's a damn shame. So I quickly told her that these machines have a bad record of being wrong and that Chavez of Venezuela bought machines(diebold) in Florida complete with receipt capabilities
to make sure his elections were fair. They put the receipts in a lock box to be double checked in case of controversey. So it can be done, so why do we not have receipts. She could not answer. then I told her that in Florida they did not give receipts because the election workers there said that they did not want the receipts to conflict with the official tally of the machines...Huh! Thats like operating the cash register and then not running the receipt tape at the end of the shift because we do not want it to conflict with the amount of money in the drawer. So I voted and who knows how it will turn out. Since I do not have proof of purchase.

No comments: