Friday, August 11, 2006

Quick Response

This is a response to a comment posted concerning my defense of gay marriage. The accusation was made that since I am defending it, I must harbor gay tendencies. Instead of something crazy like ummmmm let me see, Oh yeah defending it because in the face of irrefutable evidence its the right thing to do. It does not threaten straight marriage AT ALL! You know what threatens straight marriage?.... Straight marriage! Now the believers have every right to voice their opinion on this issue, but really, you have to give me more than just the flippant well its against God and the bible conditioned response, because the facts fly in the face of that useless quip. Now the bitch reference was very funny and a joke and was no way a window into my insecurity. I have not set myself up to some papal consistory level of leader on issues I am just a guy who cares alot about this country and where it is headed. Now if you really have a good argument against gay marriage than you have to cite point by point why it threatens and how it threatens straight marriage. Without using the bible or god(because thats so easily refuted).Also the so called pop psychology ploy explanation was Bull! He tried to make a point but he got over his head.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

while not really related to this post, figured you would like this.
From James Bovard's Attention Deficit Democracy, the Credo for the New American Patriotism
I believe:
That politicians are more honest than they seem; That government is more competent than it appears; That government is benevolent, regardless of how much it wastes or how many people it harms; That citizens must trust the government, regardless of how often it lies; That democracy is a panacea, regardless of how often it fails; That freedom is whatever the president says it is, pending revision.

The Goddess said...

Well, it seems to me, Anthony, that these must be gay men attacking you, for if they are so well versed in the feelings of homosexual men, that it is safe to assume that they themselves must be homosexuals. Maybe we should try to be more understanding as they journey out of the closet. After all it is quite dark in there.

Anonymous said...

Goddess comments prove my point about pop psychology.
As far as making a point that went over my head I have been reading Kant’s Critique of Pure Reason and I can say with authority that arguing with Anthony is a calk walk compared to understanding Kant’s work. I have always found it fascinating that people claiming to be progressive in many cases aren’t.

Anonymous said...

The Gay marriage issue works in politics; it doesn’t matter if it is logical or not it is an issue that can win elections with.

The Goddess said...

As far as your point on pop psych., I'm assuming you read a book on that also, so you are suddenly an authority. Reading one book on each subject does not make you an authority on anything. However it seems to have made you gassy as you seem to be full of yourself. Also, I'm surprised you find anything fascinating as it seems that your opinions are spoon fed to you. Anyone can sling arrows at anyone under the hood of anonymous cover, so I invite you to come out of the box your living in and see the light. Darcy aka Goddess

Anonymous said...

Goddess:

I have never claimed to be an expert on anything. It is true that I have read thousands of books and all that really gave me was one big headache. I admit that I am not Mozart or Kant, but like you a simple traveler through life watching the destruction of the West. It is interesting to know that one is living in the last days of Rome.
My opinions are not spoon-fed to me but most of what we see, hear, or read about is a way of feeding ourselves with someone else’s thoughts and ideas. Few people are true innovators. The Unabomber I would say is not a follower nor, Mozart, Beethoven.
As far as slinging arrows I have shot no arrow at you I just made a comment about your observations. It is obvious that you do not like criticism. Maybe in your world you always get your way…must be nice.
I live in no box at least not in reality but then again we all live in our protective spheres.