Wednesday, August 30, 2006

UnHitched!

Did anyone see the exchange between Bill Maher and Christopher Hitchens on Real Time with Bill Maher the other day. Now I must say that I think Hitchens intellectually outshined Bill Maher at times in the show. It was clearly apparent that he carries water for the neo cons. Now just a few points to hit on. I loved the reference that Hitchens made citing the term "Straussian Philosophers" now I know that to some, that is an esoteric term, but believe me those like myself who knew what he meant by that appreciated his erudition. The point I want to make is that according to Hitchens any insult heaped upon Bush is a stupid insult. Really.....then any insult heaped upon Clinton is equally unwarranted;for example calling him a rapist and a murderer and that is wife is gay and so on. He also advanced the issue that since Bush is dyslexic that that's his excuse of speaking poorly. Well I am not sold on that because he speaks great when he is reading cue cards. And I am sorry, but this does not excuse of him of his public gaffes; understanding the issues of the day and not reading important government documents and giving shoulder massages to women at G8 summit meetings. Remember had this been Clinton it would have been a different story. Also I think how he repeatedly flipped off Bills audience was uncalled for and beneath him.

No comments: