Friday, December 02, 2005

To Torture or not to Torture?

I can not believe that these neo-cons have trouble recognizing torture.
I mean rational human beings like ourselves know torture when we see it right? I mean I am not against torturing the terrorist when we find them, but lets be honest about what we do. Below is a lie er..... I mean quote from Cheney loyalist Porter Goss. Now decide for yourself if its torture.....

“What we do, does not come close to torture...”
-- CIA Director Porter Goss

Hmmm does not come close to torture......?
It's amazing that Goss would say that, after the White House admitted they've gotten
"valuable secrets" from their practice of "water boarding." Do you know what that is?

It's when you tie a man to a see-saw device, where the shifting of weight is enough to
lower his head under water. After he gets a few lungfulls of water, and sometimes dies,
they pull him out, electric-shock him back to life(stay with me) so they can torture him Oops! I mean ask him some more questions(I guess that electro shock thing is just to get his attention, Damn ADHD).
They kill him again and again - over and over - and if they go too far and he can't be
revived, they call it "a mysterious death" and have a Pentagon doctor rule that the
suspect died of "natural causes."

Does that sound like torture to you? Can we make that call????

A secret memo issued by Administration lawyers authorized the C.I.A. to use novel interrogation
methods—including “water-boarding,” in which a suspect is bound and immersed in water until he
nearly drowns. Dr. Allen Keller, the director of the N.Y.U. Program for Survivors of Torture, said that he had treated a number of people who had been subjected to such forms of near-asphyxiation,
and he argued that it was indeed torture. Some victims were still traumatized years later, he said.
One patient panicked when it rained. (When it freaking rained)

1 comment:

alan said...

Wazzup?

I've been knocking my brain....what is the name of that soul stirring Italian song you often play toward the end of your program? And who is the vocal artist?

I just gotta know. :)

Ciao