Sunday, October 19, 2008

Distasteful Art Or Censorship?

I found this story interesting and I will let you make up your own mind about this material. I must warn you that the pics are less than desiring and I will never shy away from controversy. I want to expose ignorance where ever I find it. Plus I would love to see the Hillary exhibit. Is it offensive or art?(you can click on all pics)
Do we shut out things we disagree with and only keep in what we like? Should this have happened. I will love to see your comments on this.
The Assassination of Barack Obama: Freedom of expression or racism?



A controversial art exhibit was raided and shut down before it could be viewed in NYC yesterday.

According to the NY Times blog: Cityroom, Boston-born performance artist, Yazmany Arboleda, tried to set up a provocative art exhibition in a vacant storefront on West 40th Street in Midtown Manhattan with the title, 'The Assassination of Hillary Clinton/The Assassination of Barack Obama'.

The artist thought his racist views were protected under the Constitution because he was expressing himself through his art. Wrong.

Not 30 minutes after Arboleda set up the gallery across the street from the New York Times building, police, feds and secret service swooped in to shut the art exhibit down. While police covered the offensive storefront window with brown paper, Arboleda was led away in handcuffs to be 'interrogated'.

Arboleda, 27, learned the hard way that freedom has its limits. Later, in an interview, he said: 'It's art. It's not supposed to be harmful. It's about character assassination - about how Obama and Hillary have been portrayed by the media.' He added, 'It's about the media.'




















'In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.'
- Martin Luther King Jr.

3 comments:

Michael T Justice said...

wasn't there a movie a couple of years ago that started with the assassination of Bush?

Jerry's Blog said...

Hello Anthony

Your right im idiot. I just get upset some times. your reasonable and im not. Im a stupid fool who does not want to lose. I did know how deal with your attacked on my blog. You called me right wing. Im novelist on this blogging. I was sure if that picture was good idea or a bad idea. I wish you would have been more constructive in criticizing me. I sorry for insulting you I will not post on your blog again. This is my first blog and what you said hurt my feeling and seemed unprovoked. I heard that you hate conservatives and I figured I had to be aggressive and uncivil. I was wrong.

Please forgive me for my stupidly and ignorance If you want me not to not to comment on your blog i again I will not.

I can not stress my apologize for my insults. I was wrong and you were right. Sometimes I go overboard with what I type and what I say.

Please please forgive me Anthony. I do not know you and you do not know me.

Jerry's Blog said...

I also thought that picture of a Latino Kirby was cute. I was worried that it offend somebody. Clearly it did.