Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Farce Of A Hearing!

I am watching the Sotomayor hearings and I must say that I am convinced that the republicans are mentally ill. From ole cut and run Palin to Limbaugh stating the Supreme court case that over turned the Richie case in New Haven proves that Sotomayor is a racist and that it was a 9-0 decision. Now of course it was a 5-4 ruling(I won't pretend to understand right wing math)and Sotomayor was part of a three judge panel who upheld the ruling of the lower court(that's all they did). So I am watching the hearings and it dawns on me that the republicans or now known as the "mentally ill".
I mean I have looked over her record and it is impeccable. But the "mentally ill" questions only center around a statement she made in 2001 and even that was taken out of context. They are totally ignoring her record. Alito made the same kind of comment a few years back and nothing was said by the wimpy democrats. The interesting thing is that this whole thing is not news, because Sotomayor in the past was confirmed twice by some of the same people who are talking to her now. The first was by Clinton and the second when she got the federal bench gig and believe it or not this statement was never an issue.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it hilarious that Jeff "but for the weed, the KKK ain't so bad" Sessions has the nerve to question this woman about anything.

Anonymous said...

Let's just have One Party Rule and be done with it.